Hello! It’s been a while! The Mets last played on Monday and on Tuesday Wheeler was supposed to get a final tune-up against the Marlins. The rain came instead and the Mets/Marlins like three other games in Florida were cancelled. Then the Mets had a scheduled off-day.
Let’s Recap: Monday there was a rain threat and they wanted to get Familia into the game early, so Familia started over Dowdy. Dowdy was the pitcher to watch on Monday and he helped his chances pitching 3.0 innings allowing 3 hit sand 2 walks and allowing no runs. He got into trouble early but was able to get out of it. The advantage he has going into the final roster push – if the Mets don’t give him a spot, they’ll lose him. Meanwhile, in the minor league game yesterday, Wheeler tossed 7.0 innings and looked good.
Also on deck for the Mets: Adeiny Hechavarria, Devin Mesoraco and Rajai Davis have all triggered their upward mobility clauses, so the Mets need to make them available to other teams that may want to add them to active rosters. If that does happen, the Mets will have 48 hours to figure out if they themselves can add them to 25 man or if they have to let them go.
- Brandon Nimmo (CF)
- Pete Alonso (1B)
- Robinson Cano (2B)
- Wilson Ramos (C)
- Michael Conforto (RF)
- JD Davis (3B)
- Jeff McNeil (LF)
- Amed Rosaro (SS)
- Steven Matz (P)
- Michael Conforto hit a homer in his third straight game on Monday. His 4th of the spring now brings his spring training line to .255/.314/.468 in 51 PA’s.
- Big start for Steven Matz today. So far this spring he has allowed 13 runs, all earned over 10.2 innings in 4 games. Here’s hoping he can put himself back on the right path.
- JD Davis gets another infield start as he tries to make a case to open the season at third, putting McNeil in the outfield and Lagares on the bench. Davis is hitting .298/.340/.447 in 50 spring PAs right now
- Two of the Mets new additions are having terrific springs. Wilson Ramos is hitting .321/.367/.429 and Robinson Cano is hitting .475/.512/.700 over 43 PAs.
- All of the players with upward mobility clauses are sitting on the bench right now but are still listed as available. This could be an interesting development or a non-development throughout the day.
Let’s Go Mets!